Georgian Idol, talent show and national final for Eurovision, has selected tonight the four finalists that will compete for the victory and the ticket to Rotterdam. A final that will be held in New Year’s Eve.
Tornike Kipiani holds his position as favorite, winning tonight's semi-final, and fifth week in a row.
The candidates performed tonight duets with Georgian Idol’s finalists from last year, including the winner and Georgian representative in Tel Aviv, Oto Nemsadze, as well as Georgia’s Junior Eurovision 2017 representative Grigol Kipshidze.
After voting, Davit Rusadze was the participant less voted by the public, being eliminated of the competition.
- Tornike Kipiani with Liza Kalandadze : “Breathe” (The Prodigy) - 31.88%
- Barbara Samkharadze. with Grigol Kipshidze: “Juice” (Lizzo) - 22.42%
- Tamar Kakalashvili with Oto Nemsadze :“Runaway Baby” (Bruno Mars) - 16.20%
- Mariam Gogiberidze with Giorgi Nakashidze: “Shallow” (Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper) – 15.28%
- Davit Rusadze with Giorgi Pruidze: “O (Fly On)” (Coldplay) - 14.22%
The show was aired from Tbilisi Big Concert Hall with a jury composed by famed Georgian musician David Evgenidze, Natia Todua (Voice of Germany 2017 winner), GPB’s First Deputy Director and Head of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) Gender Balance Initiative Tinatin Berdzenishvili, and piano virtuoso and Julliard alumnus David Aladashvili.